Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Shady Pit

pretty white caladium

Yeah, I know, "the shady pit" doesn't sound attractive at all.  It isn't.  Yet!  We have this little area of clumpy clay dirt stuff between the patio and the shed.  This is a rent house so we won't be making any big improvements to the so-so patio or the unappealing shed but that little strip of barren earth is going to have to do something.  We planted a few bulbs of I don't know what last fall and some colorful stuff (good note taking on my part here).  Today I ventured out in the rain to add a few caladiums that I picked up on sale yesterday.  I scooped some half ready compost out of the bin and mixed it in with the clay.  Three little baby caladiums went in and I topped it off with a little more half decomposed compost.  The rain water kindly watered it in.

caladiums, a bunny and some rain collection bottles

No comments:

Post a Comment